Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Personal Reflection


Hello Readers,
Over three weeks in "Building Language Skills" I have learned many things. Although the beginning was typical, the surprises came next. After the introduction on the part of the participants and the instructor, which have been done friendly and respectfully, I got the feeling that I am familiar with the group, familiar with the fact that all of them are English teachers and we have the same experience and the same hopes. Adding to this secure feeling was the rubric and the conditions for our communication and responses.
The big step was followed in the second week when we were asked to open a "blog", something that I wanted to do from long time ago but kept postponing it due to my hectic schedule. But, I discovered that it was the most interesting thing to be done. It is easy, challenging, and out of the ordinary to be used in the classroom. I would recommend it for my high school students to work through a blog instead of sending their work to my email. By this, they will have the opportunity to learn from each other, comment on each other and at the same time read my comments too.
Following the blog, real and familiar work started. Every one of the participants in the course shared his/her favorite websites that they use in their teaching and with their students. I even opened a document for useful sites to keep as a reference when there is a need to use or recommend them to my students or colleagues.
All in all, so far everything is smoothly done with lots of learning of new things from the instructor and my colleagues as well. Metaphorically speaking, hand in hand we can do better in our life, career and teaching.

.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Maha,

    This is an excellent example of a reflective post. Thanks for sharing it!

    Yours,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete